I have just populated one of Andys boards - nice and easy
I haven't yet coupled up the 240V, but do have the board running at 6V and communicating with my tablet.
I have had some issues, which I would like to document here - so that other builders can be aware and see my solutions.
Most of these issues are outwith Andys control.
1) The HC-06 module that I bought did not name itself "HC-06" but "IDTech\r". This causes the Android app to fail to link.
The solution I used was to change the string"HC-06" to "IDTech\r" in the java source code and to rebuild the app.
protected static final String OVEN_DEVICE_NAME = "IDTech\r";
2) The Nokia display that I purchased had a different arrangement for the LED backlight. Mine had the LEDs wired to Gnd, so required current to be injected into the "LED" pin (pin 7).
Solution I used was to remove Q3, R12 and R13. Fit a 100R resistor between PWM and P8.7 ( the pads for R12 and R13 can be used)
3) I suspect that the values documented for the AVR fuses are incorrect.
avrdude -c usbasp -p m8 -e -U lfuse:w:0xD2:m -U lfuse:w:0xff:m -U hfuse:w:0xd9:m
My analysis of 0xD2 for the low byte decodes as an 2MHz RC oscillator, whereas we have an 8MHz crystal fitted.
Solution I used was to use 0xFF for the low fuses.
4) The layout of P6 is not the same as the 6 way ISP connector on the ATMEL dragon, or the ATMEL AVRISP mkII so do not use a ribbon cable with 6 way headers with these programmers.
Solution I used was ribbon cable with 6way header at one end but individual headers at the other.
5) Be aware that there is no solder resist between the pads for the transistors, It is much easier to get solder bridges on these devices, Inspect carefully after soldering.
All I need to do now is persuade the Financial controller that we NEED a new toaster
Then I can start cooking.